We will give you research updates and insights in our newsletter here: sign up here.
Follow us on twitter: @negotiationSR
These books are required for NSR Certification and form the bulk of our teachings.
- Fisher, Roger, and William L. Ury. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In. 2nd ed. Penguin (Non-Classics), 1991.
- Ekman, P. “Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life (Times Books, 2003).”
- Cialdini, Rober B. Pre-Suasion, 2016.
- Cialdini, Robert B. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. Revised. Harper Paperbacks, 1984, 2006.
- Medeiros, Martin. Negotiating in the Technocracy, Negotiation Strategist Research, 2015.
- Medeiros, Martin. 161 Negotiation Tactics: Identification, Examples, and Solutions: The Most Effective Tactics for Success in Business, Salary, and Personal Negotiation, Negotiation Strategist Research, 2017.
- Mitnick, Kevin D., and William L. Simon. The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security. Wiley, 2002.
- Morgenstern, Oskar, and John Von Neumann. Theory of Games and Economic Behavior. Princeton University Press, 1980.
- Musashi, Miyamoto. The Book of Five Rings. Shambhala, 2005.
- Myerson, Roger. Game theory : analysis of conflict. Cambridge Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1991.
- Sustein, Cass and Thaler, Richard, Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth and Happiness
- Tzu, Sun. The Art of War. Delta, 1983.
- Ury, William. Getting Past No. Revised. Bantam, 1993.
- Asch, Solomon. Opinions and Social Pressure. Scientific American 193.5 (1955).
- Baltes, Boris B. et al. “Computer-Mediated Communication and Group Decision Making: A Meta-Analysis.” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 87.1 (2002): 156-179.
- Ekman, P., and M. O’Sullivan. 1991. Who can catch a liar? American Psychologist 46 (Sep. 1991): 913-920.
- Fast, Julius. Body Language the Essential Secrets of Non-verbal Communication. MJF Books, 1970.
- Henrich, J., Robert Boyd, et al. “Cooperation, reciprocity and punishment in fifteen small-scale societies.” American Economic Review 91.2 (2001): 73–78.
- Henrich, Joseph, Robert Boyd, et al. “‘Economic man’ in cross-cultural perspective: Behavioral experiments in 15 small-scale societies.” Behavioral and Brain Sciences 28 (2005).
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, Jr. from The Path of the Law 10 Harvard Law Review 457 (1897).
- Jung, C. G. Psychological Types. A Revision /. Princeton University Press, 1976.
- Knowles, Eric S., and Jay A. Linn. Resistance and persuasion. Psychology Press, 2004.
- Langer, Ellen J., Arthur Blank, and Benzion Chanowitz. “The mindlessness of ostensibly thoughtful action: The role of ‘placebic’ information in interpersonal interaction.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 36.6 (1978): 635-642.
- Li, N., and G. Kirkup. Gender and cultural differences in Internet use: A study of China and the UK [An article from: Computers & Education]. Elsevier, 2007.
- Lock, C. “Detecting deception: psychologists try to learn how to spot a liar.” Science News 166.5 (July 31, 2004).
- Marlowe, F.W. “Dictators and ultimatums in an egalitarian society of hunter-gatherers, the Hadza of Tanzania.” The Field Experiments Website, 2004.
- McCaulley, Mary H. “The Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator and Leadership.” in Measures of Leadership. West Orange, NJ: Leadership Library of America, 1990: 381-418.
- Milgram, Stanley. “Behavioral Study of obedience.” The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 67.4 (1963): 371-378.
- Nash, John F. “The Bargaining Problem.” Econometrica 18.2 (1950): 155-162.
- Navarro, Joe, and Marvin Karlins. What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide to Speed-Reading People. William Morrow Paperbacks, 2008.
- Schelling, T.C. Micromotives and macrobehavior. W.W. Norton & Company, 2006.
- Schelling, Thomas C. The strategy of conflict. Harvard University Press, 1980.
- Scherer, Cory R., and Brad J. Sagarin. “Indecent influence: The positive effects of obscenity on persuasion.” Social Influence 1(2) (2006): 138-146.
- Schoenfield, Mark K. The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Negotiating Course. Mcgraw-Hill, 1991.
- Tannen, Deborah. You Just Don’t Understand: Women and Men in Conversation. William Morrow Paperbacks, 2001.
- Thompson, L., and J. Nadler. 2002. “Negotiating via information technology: Theory and application”. Journal of Social Issues 58.1: 109-124.
- Todd, Kendra, and Kelsey Hubbard. “Has Housing Hit a Bottom?” The Wall Street Journal. July 23, 2009.
- Vrij, Aldert et al. “Rapid judgments in assessing verbal and nonverbal cues: their potential for deception researchers and lie detection.” Applied Cognitive Psychology 18.3 (2004): 283-296.
- Yates, S. J. “Gender, identity and CMC.” Journal of Computer Assisted Learning 13.4 (1997): 281-290.