Negotiation Strategist Research, Inc. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- Information collection
- In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website www.thepersuasionlab.com (the “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, payment information, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with the Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
- Uses made of the information
- The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside the United States of America include:
- ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside the United States of America;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right (please see further details in Clause 2.2 below);
- purposes directly related or incidental to the above; or
- any combination of the foregoing.
- We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behavior, background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed in direct marketing:
- services and products related to the Website, our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of), or both;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programs, promotional offers and related services; and
- invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
- We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
- Disclosure of your information
- We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside the United States of America; or
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside the United States of America.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services;
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region); and
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Our website may use Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) or other web traffic analysis services. Please refer to Google’s website to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our website and how to control the information sent to Google. For other web traffic services, please refer to their corresponding websites.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
- Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and processing of data by using the Google Ads Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in on Google’s website.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers by a third party vendor. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable standards to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security while accessing the internet that is out of our control. Once we have received your information, we will use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access and data breach.
- Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other sites (the “Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other Linked Sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving our website to read the privacy policies or statements of each Linked Site that collects your personal data. You agree to waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites.
- Data transfers
We may hold your data on servers in the United States or elsewhere, and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data to our overseas offices or to any people listed at Clause 3.1 above, who may be located in or outside of the United States of America.
- Your consent and rights
- By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
- We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists. You retain rights due you under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for individuals and entities who are subject to and benefit from those laws in those jurisdictions.
- Under basic privacy laws of most jurisdictions, individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you that is inaccurate;
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us; and
- to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us. All inquiries should be made at email@example.com with “Privacy Administrator” in the subject field.
- You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please send requests for such objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions, complaints and requests to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “URGENT – Privacy Administrator” in the subject field. Note that Basic subscribers are required to subscribe to the newsletter as part of the consideration for the Services.
- In accordance with the terms of the various privacy laws, as permitted, we have the right to and may charge a minimum fee for processing any data access request.
- If you do not use a virtual private network or other encrypted transmission service, you cannot expect privacy as unencrypted transmissions can be intercepted.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: March 15, 2018